Thursday, April 29, 1999

New software!

Another exciting day! I received two pieces of software today. The first (and probably most important to visitors of this site :-) is the Macintosh FontLab 3.0. This is a very sophisticated program; just a casual trial today proves that there is a lot of power under the hood. While I probably won't completely give up Fontographer, I'm going to start migrating all of my final output to FontLab.

The other software arrived in the mail from Sweden. ReBirth RB-338 - an analog synthesizer and drum machine in one. Here's another program with a lot of power under the hood. I was especially impressed by the fact that I can route the audio output of ReBirth into my Cubase sequencer - and it's digital the whole way!

In more font related news: I'm finishing up the long-awaited demo of Nu Sans 9.0. I just have a few characters to get straightened out and then I'll upload it to Info-Mac before the end of the month. I'm still debating whether I should put it on my web page before it gets posted on Info-Mac.

No comments: