Tuesday, January 10, 2006

2nd Level Solution

After investigating a way of doing the secondary navigation with a seperate unordered list, I've decided to do something even simpler: just a single line of HTML with pipes between the links. This was the look I wanted for the secondary navigation, anyway! (I tend to prefer simplier design. Intricate work is beautiful, but it's not my specialty, so I design what I do best.)

The secondary navigation goes into the banner area, so I either have to put the banner as a background image or use a seperate DIV for a shortened banner. I'm thinking I'm going with the seperate DIV for the banner graphic under the navigation. My primary reason: in CSS-less browsers, putting the banner image in the background will result in no banner at all being displayed. I'm sure, dear reader, you would agree that outcome is non-optimal!

No comments: