Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I take it all back

CSS-based formatting is the way to go. I've spent the day struggling to understand how to make tabs with text instead of images using CSS. Basically, I've put together two techniques I learned from two different web sites to just get the simple effect I was trying for. Now that I've spent all this time, I fell like I'm fully committed to making CSS-based formatting the default for this web site.

The benefits are pretty amazing, even if you don't utilize all the features CSS can provide--seperate style sheets for print vs. on screen, more accessible web design by reducing the reliance on images for navigation, layers, etc. So I'm going to spend the time to do it right. It's the language of the modern web.

I've also decided from a practical and design perspective, different colors for each section of the web site is no good. So we'll be going with what I call "Scooter Blue" or #3366CC AKA #36C. You know, THIS COLOR. Please look forward to it!

No comments: