Friday, December 30, 2005

Simple = Simple

Got up this morning at 5 am and continued. It turns out that I had misunderstood how padding works. I was previously using layer positioning to put the tabs where they should go. However, this approach doesn't work when you want to cover something that is to the left with white (the blue bar is a repeating image, 1 px tall by 91 wide). So I knew I had to put the layer at the very left and top of the page. But when I did this, the tabs lined up against the SG logo, not the colored banner.

So if I can't move the layer, what do I do? I guessed that the solution was in moving the content inside the layer. All it took was a simple padding-left: 91px and my blue bar problem was solved.

The lesson here is that if you are trying to do something simple, the implementation should also be simple. Stop and re-think if it is not, chances are, you've missed something basic.

In other news, I am eagerly awaiting Momoi Haruko's WONDER MOMO.i CD from CDJapan. I also ordered Majokko Tsukune-chan volume 1 + CD--an OVA series I know almost nothing about. Momoi plays Tsukune-chan as well as performing the OP and ED music. That's good enough for me! Momoi is probably best known for her role as Nurse Witch Komugi. She was also the singer/songwriter in the duo UNDER17. Her voice is unbelievably cute :-)

No comments: