Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Navigation Bars

So I have been working on the navigation bar at the top of this page (soon to be at the top of every page). I added a mouseover in Adobe ImageReady, but I'm not sure it's absolutely necessary. It's neat but maybe a bit gimmicky. I took a look at the HTML for the mouseover and was pretty surprised to see how long it was! Back in the old days of the Internet, that kind of superfluous nonsense wouldn't be tolerated. Why, eight years ago if you put that on your page, you would have people boycotting your site outside your house with picket signs and everything (my memory on this may not be exact...)

So back to reality. I'd like to have this on every page and if I need to make changes, I'd like it to change automatically (or at least magically) in GoLive. I'm sure there is some way to do that using stationary or something.

No comments: